The art of repetition
- To be able from direct observation, secondary sources and imagination to create a design
- To be able to critically analyse and discuss other artists work
- To develop printing skills and mark-making techniques
- Understand how to experiment to achieve different printed outcomes
- Develop ideas by working from first-hand observation, inspiration and other sources.
- Use research skills appropriate to art, craft and design.
- Engage with contemporary art, craft and design
- Analyse and evaluate their own and others work.
- Know how to create a multi-layered relief print using Adigraf (similar to Lino)
Title page homework
Create a first page on your sketchbook - 'Animals and Printing' - Due 2 weeks from date set.
observational drawing - birds
Warm up with 2 minute drawing, non-dominant hand drawing, blind, continuous line and contour
Work on biro DETAILS, focus on TEXTURE, use different PRESSURES and types of MARKS
Oil pastels and scraffito
She depict contrasting environments and their native flora in wood engraving, linocut, silkscreen, lithograph and collage. These landscapes are often glimpsed through intricately detailed plant forms.
Born in Gloucestershire but growing up in Australia, she is inspired by nature and the animals that surrounded her. Specializing in reduction lino prints with hand colouring
Inspired by the drama and colour of the Lakeland hills and Morecombe Bay Estuary in which she lives, it’s ever changing weather and it’s moods.